There are 18 different Pokémon and Attack Types. All have advantages and disadvantages over the others. However, Normal types Aren't dominant over other types.
- Main article: List of Dual Weakness
Dual type means a pokemon having two types. The overall effectiveness is the multiple of respective effectiveness against primary type and secondary type. The rules for predicting weakness are:
- If either type is resistant (x0), outcome is always x0.
- If one type is normal (x1), outcome depends on the other type.
- If both types are effective (x2), outcome is always super-effective (x4).
- If both types are not-so-effective (x½), outcome is always super-ineffective (x¼).
- If one type is not-so-effective (x½),other type is effective (x2), outcome is normal(x1)
Among all existing pokemon,
- Pokemon with the most (x2) weakness: Lunatone, Solrock, Terrakion
- Pokemon with the most (x0.5) weakness: Klinklang family, Registeel, Alolan Aggron
- Pokemon with the most (x0.25) weakness: Heatran
- Pokemon that face generally more weakness: Abomasnow family
There are currently three occasions which three types will exist. Two of which are temporary.
- Main article: Elemental Pokemon
Mewtwo and mew also found in ptd3 training after you beat trial in the cave training.Elemental pokemons retains the original type. The third type is permanent with the pokemon. Certain pokemons with random elemental type will appear during stages rarely. Mystery Gift pokemons will carry an elemental type featured on each day.
The move Trick-or-Treat will add an additional Ghost type to enemy. If enemy already possesses Ghost type (either primary or secondary), this move will fail. The third type will erased after battle.
The move Forest's Curse will add an additional Grass type to enemy. If enemy already possesses Grass type (either primary or secondary), this move will fail. The third type will erased after battle.