|← Previous||Next →|
It is encased in a shell that is harder than diamond and can repel any kind of attack. Inside, however, it is surprisingly tender. Thus, it is vulnerable only when its shell is open. Clamping on to an opponent reveals its vulnerable parts, so it uses this move only as a last resort.
At night, this Pokémon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.
It swims facing backward by opening and closing its two-piece shell. It is surprisingly fast.
Grains of sand trapped in its shells mix with its body fluids to form beautiful pearls.
- Shell Armor: Prevents Pokemon from critical hits.
- Skill Link: Increases frequency of multi-strike moves.
- Overcoat: Protects Pokemon from weather damages (Sandstorm and Hail).
- For Elemental moves learnable by Elemental Shellder, refer to this page.
|Level up (edit)|
|Raises user's Defense by 1.|
|Hits target for 2-5 times in each attack.|
|Reduces target's Defense by 1.|
|Might reduces target's Defense by 1.|
|Reduces target's Attack by 1.|
|Move power will be doubled when user has less than half of maximum life.|
|49||Iron Defense||---||3.6s||---||Can't Miss||100%||Self|
|Raises user's Defense by 2.|
|Might freeze the target.|
|56||Shell Smash||---||4.2s||Can't Miss||100%||Single|
- For the type weakness of Elemental Shellder, refer to this page.
- Main article: List of Pokemon Weaknesses