|← Previous||Next →|
Paras is an orange, insectoid creature resembling the nymph stage of a cicada. Its ovoid body is segmented, and it has three pairs of legs. The foremost pair of legs is the largest and has sharp claws at the tips. There are five specks on its forehead and three teeth on either side of its mouth. It has circular eyes with large pupils.
Red-and-yellow mushrooms known as tochukaso grow on this Pokémon's back. The mushrooms can be removed at any time, and grow from spores that are doused on this Pokémon's back at birth by the mushroom on its mother's back. Tochukaso are parasitic in nature, drawing their nutrients from the host Paras's body in order to grow and exerting some command over the Pokémon's actions. For example, Paras drains nutrients from tree roots due to commands from the mushrooms. The mushrooms are also popular among collectors and have medicinal uses, usually involving extended life. The mushrooms are also the source of its former signature move, Spore.
The anime has shown that Paras can often be found in caves. However, it can also thrive in damp forests with high amounts of humidity where conditions are ideal for fungi. It is also very timid as shown in the anime when it runs away from a battle with a Charmeleon.
- Effect Spore: May cause poison, paralysis or sleep if target uses physical moves.
- Dry Skin: Reduces and restores HP when hit by Fire and Water moves respectively.
- Damp: Disables any self-destructing moves.
- For Elemental moves learnable by Elemental Paras, refer to this page.
|Level up (edit)|
|Paralyzes the target if hit.|
|Poisons the target if hit.|
|Causes target to fall asleep.|
|49||Rage Powder||---||1.2s||Can't Miss||---||Around|
Damage Taken Edit
- For the type weakness of Elemental Paras, refer to this page.
- Main article: List of Pokemon Weaknesses