|← Previous||Next →|
Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokemon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. Onix burrows at high speeds of 50 mph by squirming and twisting its massive, rugged body, in search of food. It tends to feed on large boulders. The tunnels it leaves are used as homes by Diglett.
As it grows older, its body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother, and the stone portions of its body harden to become similar to a diamond, but colored black.
|Trade holding Metal Coat
- Rock Head: Protects Pokemon from recoil damage.
- Sturdy: Pokemon cannot be knocked out with one hit.
- Weak Armor: Lowers Defense but raise Speed if Pokemon is hit by physical moves.
- For Elemental moves learnable by Elemental Onix, refer to this page.
|Level up (edit)|
|0||Mud Sport||---||6s||Can't Miss||---||Ally|
|Raises user's Defense by 1.|
|Reduces target's Defense by 2.|
|Reduces target's Speed by 1.|
|Causes Flying-type pokemons vulnerable to Ground-type moves if hit.|
|Damages all pokemons (except rock/ground/steel pokemons) every game tick.|
Changes Weather Ball to be rock-typed.
Affects Synthesis, Morning Sun, Moonlight recovery.
|30||Rock Polish||---||3.6s||---||Can't Miss||100%||Self|
|Raises user's Speed by 2.|
|38||Stealth Rock||---||60s||60s||Can't Miss||---||Trap|
|Damages every enemy that walks across. (including Flying-type, Levitate, Magnetic risen)|
|Might paralyze the target.|
|Might reduces target's Defense by 1.|
|User suffers from 1/3 recoil damage as dealt.|
- For the type weakness of Elemental Onix, refer to this page.
- Main article: List of Pokemon Weaknesses