Elemental pokemons are rare pokemons that their type is different from the usual types. Each pokemon can become elemental of one of the 18 types.
In Update 1.9, there has been a HUGE change to elemental Pokemon.
- Another type will be added to the orignial type(s), making 3 as the maximum number of types of any pokemon.
- Along with this change, an elemental pokemon's attacks will no longer get turned into the elemental type.
- The STAB multiplier of 2 same types would be 2.25 (ex: Fire Charmander using Ember, the power would go from 40 to 90)
- Elemental pokemons gain 1.5 times more experience than non-elemental pokemons.
- A selection of moves based on the elemental type can be learned and relearned, according to pokemon's level:
- At level 1, Elemental Pokemon get 2 Elemental moves then afterwards, every 10 levels the Elemental Pokemon will learn a new move based on it's element. (Except for Normal and Grass)
|10||Sweet Kiss||Karate Chop||Flame Wheel||Acrobatics|
|20||Fairy Wind||Vacuum Wave||Incinerate||Air Cutter|
|30||Draining Kiss||Circle Throw||Flame Burst||Wing Attack|
|40||Dazzling Gleam||Force Palm||Fire Fang||Tailwind|
|50||Play Rough||Vital Throw||Lava Plume||Roost|
|70||Geomancy||Seismic Toss||Fire Blast||Fly|
|80||---||Focus Blast||Flare Blitz||Aeroblast|
|10||Astonish||Sand Tomb||Ice Shard||Acid|
|20||Shadow Sneak||Spikes||Icy Wind||Poison Fang|
|30||Ominous Wind||Magnitude||Avalanche||Toxic Spikes|
|40||Trick-or-Treat||Mud Shot||Aurora Beam||Acid Armor|
|50||Shadow Punch||Bulldoze||Haze||Gastro Acid|
|70||Night Shade||Dig||Ice Fang||Poison Jab|
|80||Shadow Claw||Earth Power||Ice Beam||Sludge Bomb|
|10||Heart Stamp||Wide Guard||Gear Grind||Water Pulse|
|20||Confusion||Rock Throw||Magnet Bomb||Aqua Jet|
|30||Heal Pulse||AncientPower||Mirror Shot||Bubblebeam|
|50||Calm Mind||Sandstorm||Iron Defense||Dive|
|60||Psybeam||Stealth Rock||Metal Sound||Aqua Ring|
|70||Psyshock||Power Gem||Gyro Ball||Scald|
|80||Zen Headbutt||Stone Edge||Meteor Mash||Hydro Pump|
On Alpha 0.2 Release, Elemental Pokemon appeared! When they appear, a message pops up saying that a Elemental Pokemon has appeared, just like Shiny/Shadow Pokemon when they do appear.
They have a red bar just like wild Shinies/Shadows do. This means you can capture the Pokemon freely without having to weaken it.
Some elemental are less rare than shiny and some are more rare and some are the same. Certain types are exclusive for different game versions:
|Less rare than shiny|
|Same as shiny|
|More rare than shiny|
- The type and all the moves an elemental pokemon will be overridden of the elemental type (there is exception, see below). For example, a Electric Elemental Pokemon is Pure Electric type and all of their moves are Electric type.
- The type (both primary and secondary types if applicable) becomes the elemental type.
- All moves used follows the elemental type, and comply to effectiveness rules.
- The additional effects of the moves will remain the same.
- For example, Ice Beam will still cause frozen status even used by elemental Fire type.
- Elemental type will not be erased after evolution.
- Exception: Normalize (an ability of Skitty and Delcatty) will override the elemental type.
- The other type-changing abilities like Pixilate, Aerilate, Refrigerate, Galvanize will not have effect.
"Since we already captured most shiny and shadow pokemon in ptd1/2 I added a new "Shiny" type for ptd3 called Elemental. It is different from Shiny/Shadow because it completely changes your Pokemon's type as well as all their attack types."
There is a chance that a boss pokemon might be an elemental.
Shadow Pokemon will act the same way as elementals, all of their moves are Shadow type.