Elemental Pokémon are rare Pokémon that their type is different from the usual types. Each Pokémon can become elemental of one of the 18 types.
In Update 1.9, there has been a HUGE change to elemental Pokémon.
- Another type will be added to the orignial type(s), making 3 as the maximum number of types of any Pokémon.
- Along with this change, an elemental Pokémon's attacks will no longer get turned into the elemental type.
- The STAB multiplier of 2 same types would be 2.25. (Example: Fire Charmander using Ember, the power would go from 40 to 90).
- Elemental Pokémon gain 1.5 times more experience than non-elemental Pokémon.
- A selection of moves based on the elemental type can be learned and relearned, according to a Pokémon level:
- At level 1, Elemental Pokémon get 2 Elemental moves then afterwards, every 10 levels the Elemental Pokémon will learn a new move based on it's element. (Except for Normal, Grass and Fairy).
|10||Sweet Kiss||Karate Chop||Flame Wheel||Acrobatics|
|20||Fairy Wind||Vacuum Wave||Incinerate||Air Cutter|
|30||Draining Kiss||Circle Throw||Flame Burst||Wing Attack|
|40||Dazzling Gleam||Force Palm||Fire Fang||Tailwind|
|50||Play Rough||Vital Throw||Lava Plume||Roost|
|70||Geomancy||Seismic Toss||Fire Blast||Fly|
|80||---||Focus Blast||Flare Blitz||Aeroblast|
|90||---||Focus Punch||Inferno||Sky Attack|
|100||---||Hi Jump Kick||Sunny Day||Hurricane|
|10||Astonish||Sand Tomb||Ice Shard||Acid|
|20||Shadow Sneak||Spikes||Icy Wind||Poison Fang|
|30||Ominous Wind||Magnitude||Avalanche||Toxic Spikes|
|40||Trick-or-Treat||Mud Shot||Aurora Beam||Acid Armor|
|50||Shadow Punch||Bulldoze||Haze||Gastro Acid|
|70||Night Shade||Dig||Ice Fang||Poison Jab|
|80||Shadow Claw||Earth Power||Ice Beam||Sludge Bomb|
|90||Shadow Ball||Earthquake||Blizzard||Sludge Wave|
|100||Shadow Force||Fissure||Sheer Cold||Gunk Shot|
On Alpha 0.2 Release, Elemental Pokémon appeared! When they appear, a message pops up saying that a Elemental Pokemon has appeared, just like Shiny/Shadow Pokémon when they do appear.
They have a red bar just like wild Shiny's/Shadow's do. This means you can capture the Pokémon freely without having to weaken it.
Some elemental are less rare than shiny and some are more rare and some are the same. Certain types are exclusive for different game versions:
|Less rare than shiny|
|Same as shiny|
|More rare than shiny|
- The type and all the moves an elemental Pokémon will be overridden of the elemental type. (There is exception, see below). For example, a Electric Elemental Pokémon is Pure Electric type and all of their moves are Electric type.
- The type (Both primary and secondary types if applicable) becomes the elemental type.
- All moves used follows the elemental type, and comply to effectiveness rules.
- The additional effects of the moves will remain the same.
- For example, Ice Beam will still cause frozen status even used by elemental Fire type.
- Elemental type will not be erased after evolution.
- Exception: Normalize (an ability of Skitty and Delcatty) will override the elemental type.
- The other type-changing abilities like Pixilate, Aerilate, Refrigerate, Galvanize will not have effect.
"Since we already captured most shiny and shadow Pokémon in PTD1/2 I added a new "Shiny" type for PTD3 called Elemental. It is different from Shiny/Shadow because it completely changes your Pokémon type as well as all their attack types."
There is a chance that a boss Pokémon might be an elemental.
Shadow Pokémon will act the same way as elementals, all of their moves are Shadow type.